Are you getting ready to sell your home in New Jersey? If so, you will want to know the questions to ask a Realtor, before you decide to work with them. Below is a list of 9 questions to ask any New Jersey Realtor when you interview them about selling your home.
1. How long have you been in residential real estate sales? Is it your full-time job?
Experience is no guarantee of skill, but it could show how committed they are to the profession. It is also important to know that a big part of real estate sales is learned on the job.
2. How many homes did you personally sell last year?
This expands on the first question, as many NJ Realtors can have their license for many years, but only sell 1 or 2 homes. The best real estate agent is someone who has experience and a good track record of sales.
3. On average, how long does it take you to sell a home? How does this compare to other agents?
Many top performing New Jersey real estate agents will have this answer memorized. They should also be able to comment on how this compares to their competitors within the same local market.
4. How do the final sales prices compare to your initial listing prices on the homes you sell?
A NJ agent who has a good understanding of the local market will know how to price a home accurately, and have the negotiation skills necessary to sell the home as close to that price as possible (if they don’t get above the asking price). Just keep in mind that home listing prices are subject to the sellers input and approval. This means the agent does not have full control over the initial list price.
5. What marketing plan do you have in place to market and sell my home?
Your New Jersey real estate agent should have a marketing plan in place that shows you exactly how they will market the home to attract buyers. If their plan does not include online marketing, look elsewhere. More than 50% of todays buyers first found out about the home they bought online.
6. Will you be acting as an exclusive sellers agent, or also representing a buyer if the opportunity arises?
In New Jersey, your Realtor can represent both parties with the proper disclosure. However, they should explain what their best practices are regarding this, and how they will operate if such a situation arises.
7. Do you have a list of recommended service providers including real estate attorneys, handymen/contractors, and so on?
A good real estate agent in New Jersey usually has a list of recommended service providers that they can send to you. Your agent must also disclose if they have a special relationship with any of the providers, and should provide at least 3 references for each category.
8. How will you keep me updated on the progress of My NJ Home Sale?
A good New Jersey real estate agent should respond by asking you what communication methods are best for you. Someone who pays attention to the way you like to communicate and can respond accordingly will help to create a smooth transaction.
9. Can you provide 3 recent NJ home seller references?
If the real estate agents clients allow them to provide you with their contact information, you can reach out to their past clients and ask how happy they were with this agent.
This concludes are write up on the 9 questions to ask a Realtor in New Jersey before you hire them. These questions will make the interviewing process much easier for you, and allow you to hire the best real estate agent. If you have other questions to ask a Realtor in New Jersey, don’t hesitate to Contact Us Here, or submit your information below. We are happy to talk anytime!