Preparing your New Jersey home for sale can be a daunting task, but with the right approach and some simple staging tips, you can make your home more attractive to potential buyers and increase your chances of selling it in less time for a better price. Here are 7 tips to help you get started:
- Declutter and clean: The first thing you should do when preparing your home for sale is to declutter and clean every room. Remove any unnecessary items, such as old magazines and newspapers, and put away any personal items, such as family photos and collectibles. This will help potential buyers see the space more clearly and imagine themselves living there.
- Create a neutral atmosphere: The goal of staging is to create a neutral atmosphere that appeals to a wide range of potential buyers. This means you should avoid bold colors and patterns, and instead opt for neutral colors and simple, classic designs. You can do this by painting the walls, changing out any bold or brightly colored furniture, and adding simple, neutral accents like throw pillows and rugs.
- Maximize the space: Another important aspect of staging is to make sure that each room appears as spacious as possible. This means you should remove any bulky furniture, and organize each room to make it appear more open and airy. You can do this by rearranging the furniture, removing any excess items, and adding mirrors and lighting to create the illusion of more space.
- Highlight the best features: Every home has its own unique features, so make sure to highlight them when staging your home. This could be anything from a beautiful fireplace to a large backyard or a spacious kitchen. Make sure to showcase these features by adding lighting, rearranging furniture, or by highlighting them with artwork or other decor.
- Add some personality: While it’s important to create a neutral atmosphere, that doesn’t mean your home should be void of any personality. Adding a few personal touches like a vase of flowers or a bowl of fresh fruit can help potential buyers envision themselves living in your home.
- Make it smell great: A clean home that smells great is always more inviting than one that doesn’t. So, make sure to keep your home smelling fresh by cleaning and airing out each room, and by adding some natural scents like fresh flowers or essential oils.
- Get a second opinion: Once you’ve finished staging your home, it’s always a good idea to get a second opinion. This could be from a friend or family member, or even a professional home stager. They can provide an objective perspective and point out any areas that need improvement.
In conclusion, preparing your New Jersey home for sale can be a daunting task, but with the right approach and these simple staging tips, you can make your home more attractive to buyers and increase your chances of selling it in less time for a better price. Remember to declutter and clean, create a neutral atmosphere, maximize the space, highlight the best features, add some personality and make it smell great. And always get a second opinion before putting your home on the market.
Written by: Christopher Avallon, Broker/Owner of Avallon Real Estate Group
For an expert opinion on selling your home, contact us below: